Choosing the right ‘sexy soundtrack’ can no doubt get you in the mood for lovin’ but which tunes should you be downloading for a sizzling sexy summer?
The UK’s top ten ‘turn-on’ tunes were listed by TV documentary ‘Songs To Have Sex To’ where experts also revealed that listening to music releases the happy hormone dopamine, oxytocin and serotonin into the brain, the same hormones released when making love.
The sexy soundtracks also proved several of the oldies have stood the test of time (our parents were a saucy lot) but the absence of today’s overtly ‘in your face’ sex tracks maybe don’t hit the spot after all. Still, we’re not sure number four does it for us either, frankly, Frankie.
1. Je T’aime – Jane Birkin & Serge Gainbourg (1969) Brits certainly loved the combination of French lyrics and Jane’s husky breathing with some even convinced the pair were actually making love during this song. Zut alors!
2. Sexy Boy – Air (1998)
3. Let’s Get It On – Marvin Gaye (1973)
4. Relax – Frankie Goes To Hollywood (1983)
5. Moments In Love – Art Of Noise (1985)
6. Love to Love you Baby – Donna Summer (1975)
7. Silly Games – Janet Kay (1979)
8. Sexual Healing Marvin Gaye (1982)
9. Between The Sheets – The Isley Brothers (1983)
10. Gloria – Patti Smith (1975)
What’s your top turn-on tune? Whisper breathlessly (and in French if you can) to @Lovestruck