Modern-day dating can seem overwhelming. There’s an app for each day of the week promising to help you find your perfect partner. And whilst some of them do as they promise, without your input your love life could remain stagnant. Today is the day to take action!
Here are our top tips on how to spring clean your love life:
1. Move the furniture : It sound obvious but one of the keys to online dating is to know what sort of person you are looking for. However, if you’ve not had much success so far, maybe it’s time to reaccess your list or wants and don’t wants, move the heavy furniture and be a little more flexible on your preferred physical attributes or personality traits. So they might not conform to being a ‘sporty’ type, but that doesn’t mean they’re not fit…
2. Remove stubborn stains: Are you staying in contact with previous dates because they might be the one if nobody else comes along? Or are you liking the attention, the flirting, the messages that ‘ping’ in when you’re feeling a little lonely? This is all well and good but where is that going to help you in the future?
It might be time to think about moving on, reducing your wasted time and energy (and theirs). Instead, start a fresh with someone that really lights up the room.
3. Spruce up: There’s nothing like a new wardobe, hairstyle or make-up set to make us feel back in the game and hell, do we ever need an excuse enjoy a little retail therapy? Ladies, browse a few fashion/style mags, spring palettes and looks and get inspired. You’ll find it all on the high street too, so grab a few mates who will no doubt willingly assist and give their honest opinion. Men, you may be happier ordering online! Check out the latest styles on Instagram or Google and a few days later you’ll be feeling fresh.
4. Polish up your profile: When was the last time you updated your online dating profile? Yeah, it looks good but is it bang up-to-date? Got some new pics you could add to freshen it up? Any new news, travels, fab days out or activities? New details will generate new interest to your profile and should you soon be sporting a new look, add a few to your profile and watch those messages, nudges and winks come rolling in…
5. Set yourself new challenges: Online dating can sometimes feel like hard work but being proactive is really the key. The more people you engage with, the more likely it is that you will meet someone you’ll click with. Simples. By chatting to more people and maybe trying our number 3 tip, you will also start to feel more confident. So, by the time Mr or Mrs Right does come your way, you’ll be ready and waiting.
The final tip is to set yourself a challenge. For example, like sending ten new messages each week or arranging a lunch or after work drinks day. Dating can be fun, and enlightening.
Lovestruck – dating and matchmaking agency
Get the iOS or Android app today!Tweet