Some people just have a way with words and here at Lovestruck, we love nothing better than a good thought provoking quote. Love can inspire many emotions and can push us to achieve the most incredible feats. So put aside text speak for just a minute and ponder these wonderful quotes from the mouths of the wise and famous.
Which is your favourite..?
1. “You know when you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” – Dr. Seuss
2. “When you trip over love, it is easy to get up. But when you fall in love, it is impossible to stand again.” – Albert Einstein
3. “A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.” – John Lennon
4. “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.” – A. A. Milne
5. “Better to have lost and loved than never to have loved at all.” – Hemingway
6. “I have decided to stick to love; hate is too great a burden to bear.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
7. “Where there is love there is life.” – Mahatma Gandhi
8. “To those who have given up on love, I say, ‘Trust life a little bit.’” – Maya Angelou
9. “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” – Lao Tzu
10. “There are four questions of value in life… What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same. Only love.” – Johnny Depp
11. “Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold.” – Zelda Fitzgerald
12. “It takes courage to love, but pain through love is the purifying fire which those who love generously know. We all know people who are so much afraid of pain that they shut themselves up like clams in a shell and, giving out nothing, receive nothing and therefore shrink until life is a mere living death.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
13. You know it’s love when all you want is that person to be happy, even if you’re not part of their happiness.” – Julia Roberts
14. “If I had a flower for every time I thought of you… I could walk through my garden forever.” – Alfred Tennyson
15. “Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead.” – Oscar Wilde
16. “A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous.” – Ingrid Bergman
17. “A woman knows the face of the man she loves as a sailor knows the open sea.” – Honore de Balzac
18. “At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet.” – Plato
19. “Love does not dominate; it cultivates.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
20. “Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well.” – Vincent Van Gogh
Do you have any other love quotes that you’d love to share? Tell us @lovestruck